Brian A. Turney, JD
Areas of Expertise
Brian A. Turney, JD, an attorney and member at Bever Dye, LC, Attorneys At Law in Wichita, Kansas, practices in the areas of estate planning, taxation, trusts and estates, wills, probate, guardianship and conservatorship, corporate and charitable organizations.
Brian’s representative clients include individuals and closely-held businesses. He represents clients in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Kansas Department of Revenue and in the federal and state courts.
Brian is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court and the state courts of Kansas and Oklahoma.
Brian lectures on tax and related topics to professional and various other organizations. He also authored the chapter “Managing Assets” in the KBA Probate & Trust Administration Handbook.
- Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for Elder Law, Wichita, 2022
- Preeminent (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence), Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- Preeminent (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence), Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Elder Law, 2018
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law, 2018
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates, 2018
- Recognized as a “Kansas Super Lawyer Rising Star” for Estate Planning and Probate, 2012
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas, 2000
- Bachelor of General Studies, University of Kansas, 1996
- American Bar Association
Member, Taxation Section; and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Kansas Bar Association
Member, Tax Law Section; and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
Wichita Bar Association Member, Probate Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Member, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- American Bar Association
- Wichita Estate Planning Council
- Wichita Estate Planning Forum
- Past Director, Past Secretary and Past Chair of Vocational Service Committee, Rotary Club of West Wichita
- Past Director, Westurban Little League, Inc.
- Past Director, West Wichita Charitable Foundation
- Past Board Member, Partners for Progress-Maize Education Foundation
- Past Advisory Board Member, Wichita Central Branch YMCA
- Past Member, Downtown Wichita YMCA Men’s Club
- Past Director, NBC Baseball Foundation
Email Brian A. Turney, JD
Request a Consultation
The business, tax and estate attorneys of Bever Dye, LC can help you successfully manage various business matters, estate planning and taxation. Contact us at (316) 263-8294 or complete an online form to request a consultation.Contact Us