Hellen L. Haag, JD, LLM
Areas of Expertise
Hellen L. Haag, JD, LLM, an attorney and member at Bever Dye, LC, Attorneys At Law in Wichita, Kansas, began her professional career with the international accounting firm of KPMG, LLP.
Hellen practices in the areas of taxation, employee benefits and ERISA, trusts and estates, wills, probate, family succession planning and business law. She regularly counsels clients on ERISA and employee benefits matters. Her representative clients include individuals, professional groups and closely-held businesses.
Hellen is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court and the Kansas state courts.
In addition to teaching a 15-week course on estate planning for the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Hellen also frequently lectures on tax-related issues for professional and various other organizations.
- Preeminent (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence), Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- Recognized as a “Kansas Super Lawyer” for Estate & Probate Law
- Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for Nonprofit/Charities Law, Wichita, 2022
- Preeminent (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence), Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for Nonprofit/Charities Law, Wichita, 2018
- “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Wichita, 2011
- Master of Laws (Taxation), University of Denver, 1992
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas, 1991
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Kansas, 1988
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
Member, Tax Law Section (Executive Committee); Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Wichita Bar Association Member, Probate Committee
- Wichita Estate Planning Council
- Past Board Member, HopeNet, Inc.
- Member, Downtown Rotary Club of Wichita
- Volunteer, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF)
- Board Member, Senior Services of Wichita, Inc.
- Firm Representative, Wichita Independent Business Association
- Member, University of Kansas School of Law Board of Governors
- Co-author, “Basic Will Drafting,” Kansas Bar Association
Request a Consultation
The business, tax and estate attorneys of Bever Dye, LC can help you successfully manage various business matters, estate planning and taxation. Contact us at (316) 263-8294 or complete an online form to request a consultation.Contact Us